Last updated: September 6, 2017
We only collect what we need to operate our service, run analytics, and facilitate billing. We take extra measures to protect your information. We do not sell or trade your data. We commit to erasing your data from our servers when you stop using our service.
Speak Riddles Old Man Limited ("us", "we", "our") operates Yeep, an access management software platform (“application”, “service”, “platform”). Our platform provides a single focal point for managing user access across your online services.
2. What data we collect
Our application requires access to your online services (e.g. GitHub, Dropbox, AWS), so we may read the following information:
- The users of your online services;
- The resources that your online services expose (e.g. files under your Dropbox account);
- The in-between relationships of your resources and users.
Please note we do not read the contents of your files, but rather the information that surrounds them, such as name, URL, image and type.
More specifically the data we collect are as follows:
2a. Personal data
By “Personal Data” we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- User details, such as name, telephone number, email address, profile picture and business role.
2b. Other data
By “Other Data” we mean data other than Personal Data.
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the application you are using;
- Application usage data, such as time spent on our service, pages visited within yeep.io, language and timezone preferences;
- Company data, such as company name, address, postal code, registration number and tax ID;
- Online Service data, such as file names, types, images and permissions.
3. Why we collect data
We only collect data that are required for the following purposes:
- to generate and maintain an access matrix of who has access to what across your Online Services;
- to measure the usage of the Application;
- to bill and collect money;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud;
- to send any email messages (e.g. system alerts or new bargains), including providing customer support;
- to enforce compliance with Terms of Service or applicable law, as well as to meet legal requirements.
4. Disclosure of data
We do not sell or trade your data. We may however disclose your data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case your data will be transferred alongside other company assets;
- if it is absolutely necessary for maintenance activities carried out by our hosting providers, in which case all necessary security precautions and non-disclosure agreements will be in place;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to (a) comply with legal obligation; (b) enforce our Terms and Conditions; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; (d) respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
While no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, we take extra measures to protect your Data.
- We stand on the shoulders of giants, using secure and reliable hosting vendors such as AWS and Heroku;
- Our production database, hosting the main bulk of your data, is encrypted at rest, meaning all the data are encrypted on the disk;
- We do not store your passwords;
- All communications within our system (e.g. database to application server, application server to message queue, application server to client) are encrypted.
6. Deleted data
If you decide to close your Yeep account, we will erase all your data from our live databases. In accordance to our backup policy, your data may remain on our secure server, in the form of a backup file, for no longer than one (1) month. That said, closing your account is irreversible.
7. User consent
8. Right of access
You have the right to request access to the data that we have collected upon formal notice via e-mail (see Section “11. How to Contact Us”). We will respond within 30 days upon receipt of your request. The request is considered to be received within 24 hours upon sending the e-mail.
9. Right of rectifying
You have the right to rectify the data that belong to you if you find them inaccurate or outdated upon formal notice via e-mail (see Section “11. How to Contact Us”). We will ensure that data have been rectified and updated within 30 days upon receipt of your request. The request is considered to be received within 24 hours upon sending the e-mail.
11. How to contact us
Speak Riddles Old Man Ltd
Arch. Makariou 59, Office 401
6030 Larnaca, Cyprus